MOST IMPORTANT. Soy wax is unique. It has a memory for how it burns. It will remember the melt pool of its initial burn, so its imperative that you get your First Burn right! Typically, this means that you will need to let your candle burn for 2-3 hours the very first time you light it, so that the melt pool reaches all the way to the edge of the jar. However, if you are enjoying one of our larger jars like the 16 oz XL candle, you will need to let it burn for 3-4 hours to ensure a large enough melt pool. We recommend you burn no longer than 4 hours at a time to ensure you candle gets its longest life.
To get the best results and longest life from your candles, we recommend the following:
- Before each burn, trim your wick to ¼”. Remove any clippings and discard in the trash; never leave wick trimmings or debris in the candle when burning. Never attempt to trim a burning candle. Ensure the candle is cool before trimming.
- Remember, on the first burn, allow the melt pool to reach the edges of the jar. This usually takes about 2-3 hours. Then extinguish your candle for at least 1 hour before burning again. This will help to prevent tunneling and give your candle a nice even burn.
- Never burn candles for more than 4 hours.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended or within reach of drafts, pets or small children.
- The candle jar or tin will be hot after burning, so allow wax to cool completely before handling.
By following these steps your soy wax candle will give you a long, clean burn for hours!